Essential Sales Blogs You Should Already Be Reading
While your parents had to actually buy books to gain sales knowledge, the digital millennium allows for a much more convenient learning forum. Luckily for today’s entrepreneurs, all you have to do now is open your Internet browser. There are many powerful business gurus who use their blogs as a forum to share advice, spread news, inspire ideas and predict trends. Below are some of Teleark’s favorite sales blogs that you’d be silly not to read:
- LinkedIn Sales Solutions Blog – LinkedIn’s constant growth over the past few years has led to the creation of its very own business blog, LinkedIn Pulse. More specifically, their new sales blog, “Sales Solutions,” covers topics such as trends of women in sales, social selling, personal branding and effective sales tactics, to name a few. One of our favorites: “How to Form a Good First Impression with Prospects.”
- Blog Maverick – Even if you’re not a diehard Shark Tank fan (which you should consider changing if so), you’ve likely heard of Marc Cuban, the Dallas Mavericks owner, who doubles as a mega business investor and sports marketing guru. You may not have known, however, that Cuban began as a salesperson in the early 80s, only to be fired from his first sales job after less than a year. Read his blog to learn more about the most clever ways to run a business and make the most of your sales, as well as to hear his own sharp opinion on trending business topics.
- Sales Source – Award-winning blogger and best-selling business author Geoff James writes about everything he’s learned after being in Fortune 100 business and sales environments for decades. If you’ve enjoyed his most recent book, “Business Without the Bullsh*t: 49 Secrets and Shortcuts You Need to Know,” then you’ll love the insights he’s gained after interviewing more than a thousand successful CEO, entrepreneurs and other gurus.
- Seth’s Blog – With a very basic, no-frills layout, entrepreneur Seth Godin’s blog is known for short, to-the-point posts that readers are bound to remember. One recent post, for example, was a mere 39 words, but it quite possibly has more meaning packed into it than some 500 word posts elsewhere. This blog is great for those with very little time to sit and read longer, more in-depth articles, or for those simply looking for a quick pick-me-up in the middle of the workday. His wise words apply to salesmen and businessmen in all industries.
- Salesforce Blog – Most in the business world knows Salesforce as a leading cloud-based CRM software provider, but they may not realize that they also have a very sharp-witted and intriguing blog, covering categories such as sales, customer service, marketing, work, collaboration, cloud, IT and social— they pretty much cover it all. The sales category alone is updated multiple days each day, and the tone bounces back and forth from serious to light-hearted (check out the post on sales lessons learned from golf).
Thus, gathering game-changing insights from those reaping the success of their own sales tactics has never been easier. In addition to these sites, you could also learn a thing or two from browsing TeleArk’s blog on all things related to sales and lead generation. TeleArk is an industry expert on providing your company with the prospects it needs to keep a continuous stream of new customers and, most importantly, growth.